Welcome to the Moose Stop, Our Log Cabin in Medicine Bow National Forest, West of Laramie, WyomingLive view from the cabin (click for larger image)
Our log cabin sits on 5 wooded acres in a block of privately owned land in the middle of Medicine Bow National Forest west of Laramie, WY. The property is accessible by vehicle during Spring/Summer/Fall (Usually Memorial Day thru Halloween), and only accessible by snow machine in winter.
When visiting in the winter, our cabin is a great base for snowmobiling, cross country skiing and snowshoeing. In the summer, our location near Rob Roy reservoir makes this a great location for 4-wheeling, hiking, canoeing, and fishing. Additionally, we are in a prime location for wildlife watching. It is not unusual to wake up to moose outside of our window.
The cabin is Swedish cope solid log construction with the following features (all measurements are approximate):
- 800 SF Garage/Basement: with utility room, storage room, mud room and one-car garage that a lifted F350 long box truck can park in.
- 800 SF Main Floor: with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath, large kitchen, dining and living area, and huge deck.
- 400 SF Loft/Bunkroom: with large sleeping area and ¾ bath and balcony.
- We are off-grid, the primary power source is solar with battery storage; additionally, a Generac propane generator, with a 500 gallon propane tank, provides additional power in the winter months.
- We have a septic system and a fresh water well with great water flow
- The only heat source is a wood burning stove
Since the time of purchase, September 2011, there are still a few things to be completed
- Tile both bathrooms
- Ceiling, tub, and laundry in downstairs bathroom
The cabin can be found on Google maps by searching for the coordinates 41.219986,-106.287625.