Our Log Cabin in Medicine Bow National Forest, West of Laramie, WyomingLive view from the cabin (click for larger image)
The log cabin sits on 5 wooded acres in a block of privately owned land in the middle of Medicine Bow National Forest west of Laramie, WY. The property is accessible by vehicle during Spring/Summer/Fall (Usually Memorial Day thru Halloween), and only accessible by snow machine in winter.
This is a great location for winter sports (snowmobiling, x-country skiing, snowshoeing, and skiing at Snowy Range Ski Area), for summer sports (4-wheeling, hiking, canoeing, fishing), and for hunting.
The cabin is Swedish cope solid log construction with the following features (all measurements are approximate):
- 800 SF Garage/Basement: with utility room, storage room, mud room and one-car garage that a lifted F350 long box truck can park in.
- 800 SF Main Floor: with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath, large kitchen, dining and living area, and huge deck.
- 400 SF Loft/Bunkroom: with large sleeping area and ¾ bath and balcony.
- Operate Off-The-Grid: Includes a Generac propane generator, 500 gallon propane tank, septic system, and fresh water well with great water flow. Primary heat is a high output Quadrafire pellet stove
At the time of purchase, September 2011, there are still a few things to be completed
- Tape/texture/paint interior drywall of a few walls and ceilings
- Flooring purchase and installation
- Some bathroom fixtures installation (sink, shower, tub, toilet, have already been purchased and are ready for installation)
- Exterior foundation siding (false rock perhaps)
The cabin can be found on Google maps by searching for the coordinates 41.219986,-106.287625.